Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Birthday Week

My birthday is this week.  My 49th birthday to be exact. 

Geez.  That sounds old.

This week I think I'll write about life.  More specifically, I think I'll share the wisest stuff I can come up with.


1.  I've said this before but I believe it now more than ever:  Never trust a woman with overly-manicured fingernails.  Too high maintenance....in all aspects of life.

2.  Try not to overthink. * Everything*.  Take it all at face value and don't put your own spin on it.  Trust me on this.

3.  Everyone has a past.  Leave it right there and walk forward.

4.  Always tell the truth.  Even when it's hard.

5.  Learn to speak your truth and then do it.  Regularly.  Don't be afraid to communicate what you really need.

6.  Make your bed every morning.  

7.  Know your boundaries.  With people.  With whisky.  With your job.  With your kids.  With yourself.

8.  Always be open to the magic of possibilities.  

9.  There is nothing that a night's sleep won't put into better perspective.  Notice I didn't say "a good night's sleep".  Sometimes it's just gonna be sleep.

10.  Never get so busy that you forget to look up at the sky and marvel at the sunsets and the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment