Monday, August 15, 2016

The BAS

Let's change directions on the blog for a moment, shall we?  Let's take a vacation from sad and lonely content (trust me, it's not going anywhere) and focus on something different and fun.  Let's talk about the BAS.  That's short for Big Ass Sofa.  Here's a picture of it:


It's like an island really.  An oasis of comfort and snuggliness.  The BAS begs to have the multitudes relax against its down-filled, cozy cushions.  I have always wanted a giant sofa that invites you to sit down and spend hours watching bad TV.  I've actually never owned a comfortable sofa so I think that's why I've never spent time watching TV.  That's all going to change now.

Here is the BAS today:

See all of those kids sprawled out on it?  And I'm not even sitting on it in this picture, though my computer is indicating my chosen spot--the chaise lounge.    I'm afraid the extreme comfort of the BAS is encouraging sloth-like behavior in all of us.  I'm also afraid a mini fridge will be the next addition to this area.  The only time we would need to leave is to use the bathroom.

I can see it unfold now:  Computer?  Check.  Phone?  Check.  Gummy bears and assorted snacks?  Check.  Beverages,  both adult and child types?  Check.  Extra blankets?  Check.  Extra pillows?  Check.  Stack of books?  Check.  TV remotes?  Check.

All set then.  Just think of the pillow forts this thing could create.  Or the intense games of "Hot Lava" that could be played on it.  Slumber parties will be incredible!  So if you come to my house and I'm not in the kitchen (which is where I usually hang out) be sure to check the BAS.  I'm sure it's where we'll be.



1 comment:

  1. I regret to say, I don't have such a Bad Ass couch, and I don't want to call my own Tush "Big", but I will say I know how to stay in my spot. Everyone knows mom lives on the left side of the couch... hopefully doing school... and will for the next year ;) Yes, a couch is the next thing great after a great bed... a hot bath... and a nice couch... :)

    ReplyDelete