Sunday, December 31, 2023

Hey? You Still There?!

 New Year's resolutions...don't most people make them?  And more currently rather than making resolutions, I've seen folks choose a word that they hope will embody all that they aspire to be and do in the new year.

I love the idea of New Years. I'm just too old and lame now to care about ringing in the new year at midnight, mildly tipsy and feeling a little bit giddy with anticipation and expectation.  Instead, I get super excited about writing things down in the new calendar/planner that I have so carefully chosen to organize my life for the next 12 months.  

I know, I know, I am so wild these days!

I still do love a good resolution though.  Nothing too expansive or implausible.  Here's a few things I've included on my list for 2024:

1.  Revisit retirement investment options. (How very adult-y) 

2.  Make dentist/dr. appointments for the next year.  (How incredibly lame.  Responsible, but lame.)

3.  Make a point to get together with my girly friends once a month.  (Enough said...)

4:  Keep work stuff out of our home.  (Also enough said...)

5:  Read more.  Write more.  (Ok, I'll admit it: knit and sew more.  Could I be any lamer?!)

6.  Be more aware of how I'm fueling my body.  (I really need to be able to continue running and lifting for another 20 years or more so the people in my life will not suffer unfairly.)

7.  Call my kids more often.  And take pictures of things we do when we're together.  (All of our pictures burned in the fire so I guess we'll start over.)

I have used the "Level 10 Life" template, inspired by the book, "The Miracle Morning" by Hal Elrod, to influence my resolutions for the upcoming year.  I like the concept of making small, mindful tweaks to my everyday routines in order to "level up" life.  I gotta say though, my life is pretty great as it currently stands and there's not much I really want or need to change up.  For that, I am grateful.    Eternally so.

I miss writing here.  But in the past many years, I've also become a little more private about sharing too much about my life.  Partly because I don't seem to have much interesting stuff to write about.  Partly because I want to be respectful of my people and not put any of them on center stage by sharing too much.  And partly because I want to keep all my dirty little secrets hidden away from prying eyes and the tittle-tattle of gossipy tongues.  (What kind of dirty little secrets do I hide?!  Does she use *gasp* boxed cornbread?  Acrylic yarn?!  Tide laundry soap?!  You'll never know....)

I do hope to write more often in this upcoming year, probably for my own satisfaction than for anyone else's benefit.  We shall see just where this goes.  But happy new year to everyone...may this one be full of exactly what you're wanting.



No comments:

Post a Comment