Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Let There Be Peace.


I am neither political or religious.  Not to say that I don't have strong beliefs for either topic.  Indeed I do.  I do not, however, embrace any kind of division between people.  Any and all people.

I am ignorant to the particulars of politics.  I care not to align myself with any singular ideology or person.  I care only about kindness and generosity and compassion.

There is so much rage and selfish behavior today.  Probably tomorrow too.  The cries against (the fears of) divisiveness seem to have multiplied overnight.  Everywhere I look there is hard, unyielding idealism relentlessly pummeling against opposition.  That constant striking will surely cause things to crack or maybe even shatter?  Or could it just wear the sharp edges off and create something softer and smooth in its place?

Evil or saintly, right or wrong, left or right:  none of it matters because I choose my own way.  And that way is love.  I will love my family and send them out into the world with hearts full of compassion and unselfishness.  I will strive to be a loyal and loving example to my friends.  I will hope to give generously to those in need in my community.

There is where our power exists.

The sun will rise today and tomorrow and the next day.  And I will decide how to live on my own terms.  Election results are only a singular piece of the world.  Keep it in perspective.

Ultimately, the only way to triumph in this life is through love.

No comments:

Post a Comment